and i, darling
shall amuse myself with vacant shadow puppets
and feign the sound of violins
inhaling silence and exhaling dreams
creating vast starry worlds
i, my love
in my decadence
long for only everything
to make sense
the way my hand does
how strange to think
those suburban new-mexican walls
colored like melting sorbet
may now be a different color
Okay, potential contributors, I’ve laid some ground rules for submissions to my next book:
- Submissions MUST be original material. Previously published works are okay, but unpublished is preferred.
- Submissions may be any style of writing (poetry, prose, short story, etc.) but cannot exceed 2 pages in a word document, single spaced in 10 pt font.
- Submissions may also be of any genre; fiction, nonfiction, autobiographical, etc. Have fun with it!
- Please, no more than 2 submissions per writer.
- The final deadline for any submissions will be:
DECEMBER 1, 2013
Please use this link for submissions.
I look forward to reviewing them :3
The Creative Process:
- Start project during down time.
- Start second project.
- Feeling ambitious? Start third project.
- Become overwhelmingly busy, yet unable to pinpoint exactly what you are busy with.
The back of my throat felt cold; dry
Deliciously irritated by my own breaths
are so easily swayed
by the empty
of a stranger
she cradles the microphone
as a robin’s egg
the dark clouds rolled faster than they should have
but still leisurely
like a lightly sleeping lion
they told him to shut up
so he turned and faced
all alone in her gaze
at the piano
light years from where anyone could see
the dead and dreamy moon
hanging from black branches
why does the body cry?
every other bodily function seems to serve
some kind of purpose
but what then is the purpose of a saline solution
being expelled from the eyes
other than the physical expression of human emotion?
See Hear Speak
some things he could have improved upon
step forth from the flames